Thursday, August 7, 2014

MILESTONES: Salvation's Journey

I have been saved for 40 years. Like it or not, I believe everyone reaches a certain point in life, at whatever age, where they look back on what God has done and stand in awe of the journey.  Recently, I've done that.

Am I Methuselah? Certainly not.  But I am old enough not to be considered a "novice" Christian; God has made me a grateful elder in Christ's Body, and the journey stretching behind me has been one of which I stand in awe... not of me, but of God.

Daddy has been good to me, y'all.  I trust there are many who can say the same of their course in Him, for He is Faithful.  I still recall the promise He told me He made to my mother when she left earth and asked Him to please take care of me...

tears...

Well, Saints, I can tell you with salty tears in my throat that my Father has taken good care of me these 40 years since I received Him and, especially, in the 22 years since Ma's passing.

Looking back over four decades resulting in Christ's ultimate triumph over sin and satan in my life makes me smile, cry, scream, and laugh almost simultaneously. Never have I experienced such a wide range of emotion, miracles, and overhaul (spiritual and physical) as I have in this adventure called life! One thing is for certain, my friends: A life lived for Jesus is NEVER boring! LOL! What an absurd notion that it could possibly be!

Forty years of things like prophecy, witness, discipline, instruction in righteousness; then heartbreak, anger, hatred, perversion, backsliding, conviction, tears, correction, loss, blessing, giftings, angels, demons, hypocrisy, separation, estrangement, forgiveness, challenge, faithfulness, reunion, truth, betrayal, denial, acceptance, revelation, visions, visitations, choices, pride, fear, determination, healing, restoration, power giftings, travel, yielding, faith believing, mega-deliverance, pursuance, intimacy, unconditional love, learning, promotion, humility-humility-humility, endurance, perseverance, and VICTORY...

... the list goes on and on.

I'm filled with gratitude to the Godhead this week (every day, really), because 40 years is a long time; a pivotal (even scriptural) period of deliverance, healing, and growth in wisdom, knowledge, understanding and humility. Through it all Daddy has revealed Himself to me on ever-deepening levels of love and eternal appreciation of His absolute sovereignty over every life, especially mine!  I can't help personalizing it even though it applies to us all; but that's how He is, isn't He? He's such a personal God; He gives each of us everything of His being, simultaneously. Now that's miraculous!

Daddy loves the saved and unsaved equally, my friends.  But those who are saved through faith in Jesus Christ enjoy greater access to His love, because they have stepped through "the Door" and into the Father's loving embrace.  The saved have legal access to the full power of God's love, where those outside "the Door" do not.  Changing the negative impact of this truth for the unsaved is as easy as accepting Christ. I did it when I was only nine years old, 40 long years ago, and my life was changed for the good in ways only Holy Spirit can adequately describe.

Salvation will cost you everything of the flesh, beloved, but it is of priceless, eternal value and precious worth.  Its offerings were bought by love-soaked blood, that all who enter in will have a right to the Tree of Life. Hallelujah! Amen.

If you haven't begun your journey in Christ Jesus, you can easily embark upon it today...

"... the word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart... that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:8a-10)

Blessing God for life's journey,
DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)