Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"... strengthen your brethren."

Lynette and I returned last week from a blessed vacation/ministry trip to Idaho.  We visited her dear parents, Jack and Kathaleen Palmer, for the first time since 2007.

Lynette's folks have been married 57 years... can you imagine that? Yep, there are couples married longer, but not in my circle of friends and loved ones.  Indeed, this faithful couple I've known for 20 years have presented a marvelously powerful example of what God can do with two willing hearts committed to Him and each other.

In Jesus, marriage can and does last a lifetime.  Amen.

Majestic, pine-laced mountains line the highways
It's also a cool thing for me that these are the parents of my best friend and spiritual twin.  I haven't experienced the longevity associated with having parents alive and well for nearly eight decades as has Lynette.  What a blessing...

During our surprise visit (which delighted them, btw) we ate Jack's garden-fresh tomatoes, enjoyed sitting around singing hymns (which I loved), had long talks, and shared laughter, prayer, tears, and memories. Lynette took me sight-seeing, and we attended services with her folks on Sunday where we met their Pastor and much of their church family. It was a great week!

Lynette's parents are splendid children of God, and they've raised her well.  Seeing all three of them together gratified me intensely; she's the "apple", and they are the "trees" - if you get my meaning. I found that very cool!

This couple is a walking blessing; lives lived for Jesus always are.  Here are a few more pictures for your enjoyment, y'all...



Jack and Kathaleen Palmer
 (Jack's t-shirt reads, "Doolittle & Loafmore Retirement Planning")
 
Jack and his baby girl, Lynette
Clear water and gorgeous pines elevated our enjoyment
The state offers breathtaking displays of the creative power of God.  This is still our Father's world, and our souls were also strengthened and blessed by encouraging our brethren in Him.  God bless all of you.

DADDY'S GIRL
 
"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)