Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Why Did You Doubt?



"But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out saying, 'Lord, save me!' And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him and said to him, 'O, you of little faith, why did you doubt?' " (Matt. 14:30-31)

I love Peter; he was so real, especially in his - um - humanity.  The common man's apostle is what I call him, and I look forward to meeting him some day.  I identify with his boldness AND his mistakes, and I bless the Lord for this particular scene in Pete's life.

I Can Relate

Lord, have mercy... how many times have I sat before the Lord and confessed to doubt?! And how many times has God - in boundless mercy - reached out His hand to save me from condemnation and just plain giving up.  He looks at me, much like today's depiction, with eyes that say... "Sharon, please don't ever believe that I haven't got you. Don't ever believe that I am not faithful, for I AM."

Merciful God.

The same God Who has me has each and every one of you, dear ones.  Peter's boldness - were it completely supported by faith believing - would have carried him upon the water all the way to Jesus. All the way to Jesus... that's the part I must remember... I want to get to Jesus and to His perfect will and plan for me, victoriously.  I want to please Him, and without faith it is impossible to do so.

Therefore, I will not doubt.  When I fall, I will not hide away from Jesus; I will let Him catch me, look at me, and say - "No doubt, no fear, beloved - only FAITH."  I pray you will, too.

From My Heart to His...

Thank You, merciful, merciful God, for never hesitating to catch me no matter how many times I fall. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for sitting me down before the Father in repentance and humility.  Thank You for reminding me that Abba is able to keep me from falling, according to the scriptures; I need only have faith!  Thank You, Jesus, for paying every price it took to clear the way for me to be exonerated and positioned within the Beloved as Your accepted daughter.  HALLELUJAH!  :0)

Holy Father, Abba, Daddy, My Lord and My God... what would I do without You continually catching me, forgiving me, and washing me clean in Your precious blood?  I love the Blood so much, my dear Father.  I am abounding in thanksgiving today and every day, salvation today and every day, and blessing today and every day because of the Blood.  From this day forward, I will not doubt its saving power over me. I resolve to ever cling to faith believing and give thanks for Your everlasting arms stretched out immediately to save.

Extending this declaration and prayer to the Body of Christ, worldwide...
DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)