Thursday, September 18, 2014

His Eyes

I've been thinking about looking into the eyes of Jesus; the One to Whom my story appears, all at once, on the day I stand before Him at His Throne.  I've been thinking a lot about the pair of eyes that will look into mine without an ounce of ill-will or malice or jealousy or contempt; thinking at length about the look of love that will overtake me from those eyes.

Ever think about that?

We will stand before Him, you know; before the One Who created and saved each of us...
"All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." (John 1:3-4)
The same Lord Jesus Who agreed to take on human form for all eternity for the sake of you and me will look into our faces - one by one - and speak our names aloud, and transform us with the beaming embrace of His loving gaze.

Could you look into His eyes?  Are you longing... craving... yearning to do so one day as you stand before Him in the flesh glorified by His incomparable sacrifice?

So am I (and I'll leave you with that miraculous, pulsating, marvelous thought).

Until then, may the eyes of His Spirit which alone hold all power and are mighty to save through the Majesty of Almighty God our Heavenly Father cleanse and sanctify you holy... blood-washed and secure in His eternal purpose and plan for your lives.

In Christ's Name I pray.  Amen.

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)