Thursday, September 11, 2014

"Your Shout!"

When I crawl to the hiding place that is the Bosom of God, He restores me and refreshes me to return to life's battle on His behalf armed in the Peace, Safety, and Confidence of His unfailing Love.  Sometimes I just want to write a poem about it, like I've done here today. As always, it's my pleasure to share it with you, and I thank Holy Spirit for imparting such rich life to me.

"YOUR SHOUT!"
 
Restore my heart when virtue rises in me and goes out.
Renew my voice, refill my soul, endue me with Your shout!
 
My Lord, My God, it's all day long I sing and worship You.
I see Your face and hear Your voice and share them with the few
 
You have commended to my hands and heart to know Your praise.
Your tongue of Wisdom and of Love I'll value all my days.
 
And when my life has ended and my cup has overflown,
my wounds and hurts all mended by the balm that I have known,
 
I'll reach up with my hands and with my heart to heights anew,
until my redeemed soul and vital spirit mesh with You.
 
Refresh my wearied body, Lord, so that I can press on,
and be the Voice within me drawing others to Your Song!
 
I have no need to fear the evil forces or their pranks,
for Your hand goes before me wreaking havoc in their ranks.
 
Rest mighty on my focus, God - remove all fear and doubt;
and tumble walls of envy, bursting through them with Your shout!
 

 
(Poem and Photo Copyright © 9-11-2014, by Sharon J. Gramling. All Rights Reserved.)

 
Amen and God bless y'all,
DADDYS' GIRL



"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)