Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Brief Overview

There are all kinds of ways to relate to people, and I am learning that as God courses me through discipling others.  God tailors His teaching and treatment of our ills to our personality bent... He has to, because so many of us receive Truth differently.

It's the same Truth - it's Jesus - but each person perceives and receives Jesus and information in general, differently.  It's like God relating to Mack as a woman (in The Shack) because Mack didn't have a positive relationship with his father.  God will also submit to our perceptions of Him as an "old" and almost "grandfatherly" figure, if that gives Him an inroad to our hearts.  Because once He has a way in, He can process our lives to eventually receive the fullest and most accurate accounting of His being we can handle.

That happened to me.

So lately I've been introduced to some more "new ways" of relating to people's hearts in Jesus - by His definitions and in ways indicative of His "Pastor" heart.  He's training me and giving me constant affirmations (MUCH needed) as I continue on His way.

People are wonderful and terrible, and I can see why He loves us so much.  The "terrible" stuff all happens for a reason.  No excuses, but definitely reasons for everything (my stuff included).  That tenders me to human existence in general and even softens my heart towards myself, which is so necessary.  Forgiveness is not only to be outstretched to others, but we are to bathe ourselves in the same sweet oils we release.  We desperately need it poured from our hearts upon our hearts, by God's awesome power.

New things and new ways are being introduced and absorbed; new assignments are being undertaken and granted 'His' success, and the adventure continues in Christ's Name. 

I'm enjoying it.

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)