Thursday, October 9, 2014

Always Look Up


I love the concentration of hands folded to the Lord.  I just do.

To me, these hands are earnestly entreating Him, but with a comfortable casualty I find attractive.  These hands know the Lord in terms of His love for them (and certainly the soul attached to them), so they're not pensive or formal, but respectful and grateful... lovingly approaching Him.  That's what God and our relationship with Him is all about, IMO.  "Today, dear Lord, these are the praises of You on my heart; today, dear sweet Lord, I will worship You as my Father; today, dear Lord, these are the concerns on my heart; and today, Merciful God, I say thank You."

For me with our God, that makes the world go around.

Not a "morning person"?  Meet with God daily whenever you can.  He'll accept you, not reject you.  Besides, every day and time we meet with the Lord is in its own way "the break of day" as His love shines refreshingly upon us to start again in the hours of life and living that await.  Make no mistake - meeting with Him just before sunrise is wise and absolutely awesome, but so is blessing Him with your presence as "the evening and the morning" become the next day.  Remember that God's new days actually start in what we call the evening (or sundown)...  that's an awesome understanding if the enemy tries to condemn you for not waking up at 4:30 a.m. every day.

Like me, you've probably done both, and also you've probably had seasons where you meet with Jesus morning, noon, and night to His utter delight.  Truthfully, saints... He just wants to meet with you - period - daily. I love it that His ears listen for the uniqueness of our voice. As the Psalmist indicates, looking up at Him when we pray is also an intimate plus; it's like making eye contact with someone we trust.  God knows where your eyes are at all times, but lifting a trusting head to Him (acknowledging Him as your only Source for help) genuinely melts His heart. I know it melts mine to realize His eyes are fixed upon me always, but it's especially meaningful and mushy when I pray.  My goodness, I love Daddy... yes, I do.

The comfort and ease His Spirit establishes within us in confidence that He hears our prayers and actually awaits them in joyful expectancy every "morning" does my being worlds of good. My relationship with my Heavenly Father is the greatest, most powerful, life-changing constant my soul has or could ever possibly experience.  God has planned it for me from before the foundation of the world, and He has also planned it for every single one of you.  So relax those hands as you meet with the God of all comfort.  Rest easily in your place of daily heart exchange with Him, and always look up...

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)