Tuesday, October 21, 2014

More Truth on Deliverance

Sitting on my couch last night, I realized God had restored my joy.

There's been deliverance going on here for quite some time and, in its midst, the only place I find true relief is through praise and worship.  There was a lot of that going on in my home on Sunday, and it broke through the sobering, stilling effects of exposure.  When God allows the elements He wishes to deliver to surface in us, it can get ugly or very quiet or really teary for many days.  This time, for me, I was quiet and teary while I prayed and submitted to His hand upon me.

Exposure is our friend, and subsequent deliverance is the bridge to reaching ever-rising levels of freedom.  While we're here and submitted to God, that process won't end because there's just too much within each of us that needs delivering.

Yesterday, inside myself, I searched for an emotion that had been tormenting me... and I couldn't find it!  Later that night, I looked for the same emotion when I recognized what would have been a trigger for it... but it was gone.  In my heart, I laughed - and when I laughed, I felt pure joy overtake me, such as I hadn't felt since the last time I gave praise in total turning from my circumstances.  Actually, this joy was even greater than that, because the yucky stuff I turned my back on wasn't there anymore.  It was gone!  It had been taken away by the Father of Lights, in Whom there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning... and all that remained within me was light - His light and nothing else.  Amen.

Ah, deliverance is so worth it, my friends.  Exposure ain't pretty, but its "fishing" techniques are crucially necessary. You'll know by Holy Spirit when Abba is putting His finger on an issue in your life, beloved.  I encourage you to let your heart be exposed to the Father.  Let Him fish out the lies which form clots of hurt, wounding, misconception, and unrighteousness; then lift the deception and dross to His hands in His Name.  When you release them, He'll take them from you... and you will never, no never again be the same.

Hallelujah!

Blessing His Holy Name,
DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)