Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thanksgiving Praise: "This is Amazing Grace"

I believe the way thanksgiving to God fills a soul with bounding joy is brought forth most powerfully in song. I'm so glad and grateful to know that the Lord's Spirit is still affecting change in the hearts of millions (dare I say, billions) of young people throughout the earth based on their faith in His Name and their gratitude for His "amazing grace".


That brings me to today's song I'm delighted to showcase here which is, no doubt, familiar to every one of you and has been a favorite of mine for months.  It's by Phil Wickham, a young man whose life the Lord has touched with His saving grace and healing power.  You can look into this young man's eyes as he sings this hit song, "This Is Amazing Grace" and be washed with the genuine love he feels for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  I adore it when that happens; Holy Spirit will always identify those who belong to Abba... always... and this young man absolutely does.


His testimony includes having been healed of a throat malady and raised up again by the hand of God to sing for all that He's done for him.  My favorite line of this powerful, blessed, humble melody is, "Who brings our chaos back into order? Who makes the orphan a son and daughter? The King of Glory! The King above all kings!"


Hallelujah! I can identify with being rescued from the gutting impact of all those around me seeming to be "gone", leaving me what the world called an 'orphan' among the vast sea of unrighteousness sweeping over key members of my family when I was just a little girl.  Truly, GOD AND HIS MERCY didn't leave me fatherless!  He didn't leave me motherless when my precious mother departed this world for her place beside Him in holiness in Heaven's splendor.  Indeed, even the most loving, well-intentioned beings of family will one day leave us through the failings of the flesh and the curse of sin...


BUT NOT THE LORD!  Hallelujah, y'all!  Not the Lord!

"I Am He Who lives and was dead and, behold, I Am alive forevermore. Amen." (Rev. 1:18a)
"Because I live, you shall live also." (John 14:19b)
"For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'" (Heb. 13:5b)
 
Beloved, please enjoy "This is Amazing Grace" sung by brother Philip Wickham. I pray it blesses you and lifts your feet to dancing in glorious, joyful Praise to Daddy's Mighty Name!  Amen!







DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)