Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Never Count God Out

Copyright © Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.

I woke up with this scene from Cecile B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments on my mind.  Those of you who love this film will remember the nameless old slave who was haplessly murdered by one of Pharaoh's taskmasters in the brick pits of Egypt.  By this time Moses had gone out among his people to look on their burdens, and the film depicts a conversation he has with the old slave just prior to his death.  I love the message put forth here, almost silently, about the everlasting faithfulness of God:

Old Man:  Thank you, my son, but death is better than bondage; for my days are ended, and my prayer... unanswered.

Moses:  What prayer, old man?

Old Man:  That before death closed my eyes I might behold "the Deliverer" who will lead all men to freedom.

With that last utterance, the old slave turns his head and dies.

The message coming across to all of you right now is beautiful, isn't it?  Behold the Faithfulness of God.  The everlasting faithfulness and mercy of God our Heavenly Father, regardless of all our human folly in doubt and unbelief.  For always remember...
"If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself." (2 Tim. 2:13)

Hallelujah.  Bless His Mighty Name forever.

As you all can see via this powerful depiction, the old man is looking directly into Moses' eyes and - though he is blinded by discouragement and unbelief - we can clearly see that God remained faithful to answer his prayer and show him "the Deliverer".

Holy Spirit never allows me to condemn this old man when I view this scene; rather, His power upon my lips always utters a prayer in humility, that I will never count God out in all the "scenes" of my life.  I'm just as human as anyone else, and I bless God for causing me to remember that just because my heart may fall to lows in faith and yield foolishly to discouragement doesn't mean God is unfaithful in the least.  Quite the contrary, Saints... our prayers uttered in faith all mean the world to Him; He counts and answers every one according to His plan and purpose for our lives.

So many times we look straight into the eyes of our blessing and do not know it.  It's happened to me, and I never want it to happen again.  I want to recognize the time of my visitation and praise God through my tears that He has heard my exact petition and answered my prayer, specifically.  Don't you?  He will do it, y'all, for He is faithful.  Never ever count Him out.

Let's pray...

[Merciful Father, thank You for being faithful to honor all prayers to You, uttered in faith.  Thank You for sealing our faithfulness with Your signet and directing Your Fount of Mercy to pour out Living Waters to cover our coffers for Your Name's sake, even if we grow faithless. You are amazing. In Christ's Name I ask that You cause us to know and recognize our times of visitation, that we will remain grateful and faithful and wise to understand, believe, and declare that You are the God Who hears and answers prayer. You are unwaveringly merciful, truthful, and gracious, and Your blessings are faithfully bestowed upon us always according to Your word.  Lord, we love You; in Jesus' Holy Name we pray.  Amen.]

DADDY'S GIRL

"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)