Tuesday, May 12, 2015

50 Years and Counting... By God's Grace


I am 50 years old today.

As by now readers of Daddy's Girl know, even though my Gregorian birthday is May 25th, for the past few years I have celebrated my Hebrew birth date first and foremost, for it is the true date Abba designated (by His calendar) to bring me into the world.

On the Jewish calendar, I was born on the 23rd day of the month of Ziv (a.k.a. Iyar) in the Hebrew year 5725.  Like all days on the Jewish calendar, 23 Ziv falls on different dates on the Gregorian calendar each year, so I have to keep track of it.  This year, 23 Ziv (Iyar) is today.

I have had a wonderful Year of Jubilee and, when it started, I had no idea that it would conclude with the remarriage God had promised me.  It feels good being 50.  During time alone with the Lord, I thanked Him with tears for the mighty long way He has brought me.  We've come this way together - that's been the most important thing for me.  And even when I wasn't consciously "with" Him (during four backslidden years), He never left me.  Daddy's always with me - loving, planning, blessing, and keeping His promises.  His life and mine have mingled into a miracle and a masterpiece of His construction and orchestration, and the best is yet to come.

That's always the way with our Father, folks.  He just gets better and better and better.  As long as we trust and obey Him, nothing in existence can stop His blessings from overtaking us, for His promises indeed are "yes and amen".

Thank You, Father.  By Your grace and power, I am 50 years old today, and I'm smiling... ever smiling... in Jesus.

DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)