Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Confession

"More Me"
 Copyright 2016, Sharon J. Palmer (ARR).
The painting above I did on my own. By that I mean, after learning a certain technique, I mixed the colors I saw in my mind and made a landscape more reflective of my personality.  Pink is symbolic of "holiness", and I am definitely set apart for God's Kingdom works as are a host of brothers and sisters in Jesus throughout the world. I like pink; I recall my mother looking at me as I wore a powder-pink sweater and saying, "Sharon, pink is your color, honey." That was one of the first times I'd ever actually looked closely at myself in pink; albeit not realizing the deeply prophetic value and foreshadowing it carried for me, I liked what I saw.

So, what's the "confession" mentioned in the title of this post?

It's that, upon close examination of this painting only hours after splashing it onto the canvas, I didn't like it.  I didn't like it so much, I was a bit ashamed of it.  One cloud looks like a croissant, another a Manatee... in my heart, I started denigrating it and decided that - although it's cute and it IS truly reflective of me... um... I just didn't like it.

So I gave it to Lynette and asked her to take it to work. Being the sweet, loyal friend (and "fan") of mine she is, when I showed it to her she declared she DID like it. What better recourse for my displeasure than to give the work to her and let her be reminded of it every day!

Am I fishing for compliments among you all regarding this painting? Believe it or not, the answer is a happy no, because just a couple days ago Lynette passed on a manifest encouragement to me; one absolutely sent by the Lord to my fledgling artist coffers.  A woman walked in to her office to speak to her, caught a glimpse of this painting and L-O-V-E-D it! She enthusiastically asked the artist's identity and expressed genuine admiration of it!  Wow!

The priceless moral is a lifetime truism: One woman's "floor" is another woman's "ceiling", folks... and let me never forget it!  My uncharacteristically pessimistic, critical eyes have been opened concerning what God has given me.  The truth is, you never know what will touch a person's heart, and God's expression within you - no matter how humbly basic - will be a solid blessing for someone. I've been reminded that His works and His words never return to Him void; they always generate good things. Hallelujah.

Merciful God, I repent of all dissatisfaction with the expression of my soul and myself in this painting. You gave the artistic impartation to me, and it is well with my soul. It is a good thing and, for it, I bless Your Holy Name. Amen. I love You.

DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)