Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Rejuvenation

I’m discovering Daddy’s heart in a new way, in the ways He uncovers me. By that I mean, no one can tell me about my personality like He can, because He created me.  He’s used many things to forward my education and discovery over the years but, this time, He’s giving me a front-row seat to my personality coming through art; specifically, what I paint.  God is using art to show me to me.

Developing the Gift

A few years ago, as a reward for perseverance and obedience, Daddy asked me to choose three things that He would give me. (Before I could feel really weird about it, I remembered how He approached Solomon in a dream and said to him, “Ask what I will give you…”  It made me feel better about accepting such an amazing opportunity; it also taught me more about the kind of God we serve; indeed, He is no respecter of persons.) After much consideration, one of the three things I chose was the ability to paint. I’d only drawn stick figures my whole life, and I wanted to experience what it was like to express myself artistically, on canvas.  Holy Spirit told me it would be necessary for me to first become acquainted with light and shading, via drawing/sketching. “First, you must understand ‘light,’ ” He softly said.  I know now that understanding light better is understanding God better (1 John 1:5), and my journey in this regarding is proving to be one of the most staggeringly fascinating of my existence. (Read more about His impartation in this 2013 post.)
My nephew Reuben is an artist; he was born with that ability, so I spoke with him at length about the gift once it manifested in me.  Reuben is a stunningly intelligent man. Talking with him introduced me to the deep understanding of light and its tendencies couched within his bosom.  To say it impressed me cheapens the true effect; honestly, I was profoundly touched.  IMO, Reuben is abundantly blessed with an understanding of the ‘personality’ of light - its characteristics , preferences, and predilections. That's lovely.  He is friends with light, and I am greatly inspired and moved by that.  He has been used of God to encourage me as I yield to new discoveries of myself through this imbuement. It's so like my darling Abba to orchestrate that for me.
Initially, I’d asked for the ability to paint in oils, and I completed several projects in oils, most of which I gave away to friends just as stunned as I was with God’s miracle. That was a fabulous time!

Fast-forward, Five Years

Now, the journey has begun anew with the acrylics medium, and I am even more delighted with what God has given me. I am so touched by His lasting tenderness toward me. His gifts are without repentance, folks; He's been storing it up within me for His use while He blesses me in other areas of life. He's brought a new husband, ministry, and a whole new life to my coffers according to His Faithful promise... so it's also time to revisit the pleasurable reward He graciously bestowed to my soul years ago in tribute to His own Spirit of obedience in me. O, how I love Him!
Here’s the latest project I’ve completed, which truly tugged on my emotions.  I call it, “Prayer Trees”:

"Prayer Trees"
Copyright 2016, S. Palmer.
All Rights Reserved.
The background appears periwinkle in this photo, but it’s actually purple (my camera skills aren’t that great!) because I adore the combination of purple and green.
To me, these four trees represent the Godhead and me (I’m the tiny one in the middle) and our secret, quiet time together in a place I always can trust.  I like it that I can “feel” this painting, know what I mean? I’m not all that accustomed to that because writing has historically been my place of emotional solace in terms of the work of my hands.  Abba is gracious.

The Best is Yet to Come!

I solicit your prayers as I continue traveling the roads God sets before me.  I’m realizing as I grow in Him that He alone possesses knowledge of my true depths; realms within me only He has plumbed.  I'm thrilled to know there's more to me, even at 50! I’m fascinated and willing to learn, and I am indelibly blessed to know that Daddy is even more willing to teach me. I ever bless His Precious, Holy Name.  Amen.
 
DADDY’S GIRL
 
"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)