Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Unending Rewind: A Poem of Seasons

"While the earth remains, seed time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."  Genesis 8:22

That's one of my favorite verses of scripture; it breathes God's command upon the earth.  I love His execution of power and strength.  He doesn't need to prove Himself to us - He wants to, and that's one of the finest things about Him, IMO.


I know I haven't posted on this blog since the summer and, off and on since then, I've been contemplating and actually preparing yet another eBook for your reading edification. So, since I've been away straight through the change of seasons (and soon it will be winter), I've penned a poem from the fathomless Resource of Holy Spirit to share with you today, and I pray you'll forgive me for being away so long.


Poetic verse blesses my soul, and I'm always enlightened and brightened by the process of linking nouns and verbs and telling my story in dancing, musical ways. I've titled this work, "Unending Rewind", inspired by the Lord through that Genesis verse.


Please know that I haven't forgotten all you wonderful, faithful Daddy's Girl readers... Lord willing, I'll return to regular posting before too long.  Until then, God bless you, (happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas) and please enjoy the poem!


UNENDING REWIND
Copyright 11-2-16, SJ Palmer

The Lord breathes on trees, removing the green
and filling in reds and the yellows.

He sends summer away, as if to say,
"That's enough of your heat now, dear fellow!"

Then cool Autumn descends and with her attends
God's hand of sleep, easing the sap.

Vast fields of green towers soon lower their flowers
and nestle into the Lord's lap.

The harsh winds of winter will yield to spring's splendor
and summer's haze not far behind.

Then sleep comes again, and God's breath ushers in
Creation's unending rewind.


DADDY'S GIRL


"... fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
(Romans 12:11b)